Friday, August 20, 2010

DaBoyz GT


A couple people have been e-mailing me about the GT later this year in Rochester.  I'll just address it all here.  Details on scoring and prizes aren't totally settled yet, but I will update the internets as I receive them.

DaBoyz GT is coming to town in November, the 12th-14th.  Lots of prize support, awesome venue, and a good bunch of locals running the show.  I'll be there, so there's plenty of endorsement.  There will be comp and sports, but we're still figuring how much weight they will carry and where they will come into effect.  Hopefully we can keep Best General comp-free so there's something for actually winning the tourney :P

As more info comes out I'll be posting it up and offering my own analysis to help provide some perspective for any of your competitive types that are leery of soft scoring.  Plus I'll be chronicling my army's preparations.

It's should be a fun event and more oppotunities to hang out with yours truly are totally worth it.

5 comments:

Greg said...

I went last year and it was totally worth the 8 hr drive. Yes, there's comp but it wasn't done in a stupid personal biased way like The Conflict GT was done. There's plenty of good reasons we're going back and bringing more people with us this year. Hopefully my painting score won't tank me again.

kennedy said...

I'd come up just to chill with you, Chumby, but my school will still be going then and... well... NY is a long ass drive from NC.

If I flunk out, I'll totally come though!

Chumbalaya said...

Just fly, you can sleep on my floor with MagicJuggler!

islyfe said...

Sell it to me.

hyv3mynd said...

20 tickets left!


I know not everyone is a fan of comp, but the games will be fun and the prize support is out of control. I believe they have over $2,000 in products and prizes.