Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Orks

Orks are my favorite army. I love the models, the conversion potential and the fluff best of all. Unfortunately Orks are in a sorry state competitively, but that won't stop me from throwing them down for a couple laughs.

This is the first of a series we're doing called "Makin' Do" where we try and make the best list out of the models we currently own. If you think I'm shelling out to make my Orks go from sub-par to maybe competitive, you're barking up the wrong money tree brah.

Here's something I came up with recently and I'm looking to start testing it for a couple games.

2000pts Orks

HQ
Warboss w/ powerklaw, bike, cybork body, kombi-skorcha
Big Mek w/ kustom force field
Elites
Nobs-6 cyborks, 3 Powerklaws, 2 kombi-skorchas, bosspole, Waagh Banner, Painboy
Dedicated Trukk-reinforced ram, wrekkin' ball, grot riggers
Troops
Biker Nobs-6 cyborks, 2 Powerklaws, 2 kombi-skorchas, bosspole, Painboy, Waagh Banner
Shoota Boyz-20, 2 Big Shootas, Nob w/ powerklaw, bosspole
Shoota Boyz-20, 2 Big Shootas, Nob w/ powerklaw, bosspole
Grots-10, runtherd
Fast Attack
2 Deff Koptas w/ rokkits, 1 buzzsaw
2 Deff Koptas w/ rokkits, 1 buzzsaw
Heavy Support
Battlewagon-Deff Rolla, 'Ard Case, Armor Plates, Big Shoota, Grabbin' Klaw, Grot Riggers
Battlewagon-Deff Rolla, Armor Plates, Big Shoota, Grabbin' Klaw, Grot Riggers
Battlewagon-Deff Rolla, Armor Plates, Big Shoota, Grabbin' Klaw, Grot Riggers

Total-2000

So, the Nobs mount in the 'Ard Battlewagon and the Grots take the Trukk. Basically it's an attempted sledgehammer of Battlewagons and Nobs using what I currently own. Since Battlewagons and Nob Bikers get downed by similar weapons I'm trying to go heavy on them to hopefully keep them from all getting picked of by their individual counters (see battleforce army).

Nobs and Shootas will stay in their wagon mostly, providing dakka and skorchas and a prickly prospect in combat when their ride goes boom. Plus, I don't really want to move 40+ models across the table.

Grots go joyriding with the wrekkin ball and maybe piss somebody off enough to waste firepower on them.

Deff Koptas flank or scout and go for armor or static units, the buzzsaw is a nice surprise for units like Broadsides who could normally smack them around.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome.

I know it's not perfect, but I'm just "Makin' Do"

No comments: