Friday, October 16, 2009

1850 Doublewing

I <3 my Dark Angels, so you can understand my fury at the travesty that is our Codex. Sucks to be us, every damn edition.

Whatever, I still play with my Deathwing and Ravenwing at least. Bored today so I thought up a potential build for the comp-loving local tournies.

HQ
Belial-Lightning Claws
Sammael-Jetbike
Troops
Deathwing-Apothecary, Assault Cannon
Deathwing-Assault Cannon
Deathwing-Assault Cannon
Deathwing-Assault Cannon
Ravenwing-6, 2 meltas, Apothecary, Attack Bike w/ multi-melta
Ravenwing-3, 2 meltas, Attack Bike w/ multi-melta

Total-1850

So I've got 4 scouting units full of melta loving to either get in and nuke vehicles early or outflank or just hide for a turn. The big Bike Squadron will almost always be split up, leaving the Apothecary in his own unit to either cover the Termies with another ignored save or protect the forward bike elements. Belial and the 4 DW squads will advance and provide a withering hail of fire (ha ha!) and maybe fight off a unit or two. Sammael zooms around looking pretty, eating lascannons, and shooting my only template weapon, what a champ.

I'll see if I can't get some playtesting in with it tomorrow.

No comments: