Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bum Rush

Remember that tourney I was going on about a month or so ago? Well, with my work and school schedule being so hectic I decided against going.

Weeeeelll, I just caught a break and now I can go. It starts Saturday and I don't have an army painted. I checked out the scenario list and they are as silly as local scenarios can be, but I can always play for Best General or Sports.

Now I've got to make sure I can still register, throw a list together, and hope for the best.

Yayz

Update: Here's the list I'll be using, reasons at the bottom

HQ
Warboss-powerklaw, cybork body, kombi-skorcha
Big Mek-kustom force field, bosspole
Elites
Lootas-7
Lootas-7
Troops
Meganobs-4, 2 kombi-skorchas, Battlewagon w/ armor plates, big shoota, reinforced ram, grot riggers
Shootas-20, 2 big shootas, Nob w/ powerklaw, bosspole
Sluggas-12, Nob w/ powerklaw, bosspole, Trukk w/ reinforced ram, grot riggers
Sluggas-12, Nob w/ powerklaw, bosspole, Trukk w/ reinforced ram, grot riggers
Sluggas-19, Nob w/ powerklaw, bosspole
Grots-14, runtherd
Fast Attack
Deff Kopta-rokkit, buzzsaw
Deff Kopta-rokkit, buzzsaw
Heavy Support
Battlewagon-armor plates, big shoota, grot riggers, reinforced ram
Battlewagon-armor plates, big shoota, grot riggers, reinforced ram
Looted Wagon-boomgun

Total-1850

I know it's not any good, not at all really. This event is so heavy on soft scores (over 50% of overall is based on them) that taking anything remotely competitive will get nuked into oblivion. I also had the displeasure of reading up on the scenarios, suffice to say they are fucking stupid. In light of this I say fuck it I'll just bring a goofy ass army. So I figured I'd have fun and bring my favorite units along: Meganobs, Koptaz, Lootas, and the Boomwagon.

7 comments:

Josh said...

What army are you going to use?

Chumbalaya said...

I'm not sure honestly, probably Orks

Josh said...

NoobSlayer ;-)

Best of luck!

Unknown said...

Orks? Any list in mind Chumby?

Chumbalaya said...

Probably Mekanized. KFF Mek, 3 Battlewagons (all I've got atm), Deff Koptaz, Lootaz, Meganobs, and a Looted Wagon if I can squeeze one in.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a plan. Errr Meganobs? You know they aren't so mega, right? :P

StreetGirl said...

I really like your blog. You write really well.