Friday, November 6, 2009

Tentative Tourney list

More Skaven! Fuck you, Skaven are awesome!

Local man-things want fight-fight at 1800 points. Odd-funny army size, but Skaven will kill-kill.

Heroes
Plague Priest-level 2, Plague Furnace, Plague Censer, Warp Scroll, Rival Hide Talisman
Warlock Engineer-level 2, Warp Energy Condenser, Dispel Scroll
Warlock Engineer-level 2, Doom Rocket

Core
2x Clanrats-24, shields, full command, Ratling Gun
2x 20 Slaves
2 Rat Swarms
11 Night Runners w/ Warp Grinder

Special
Plague Monks-20, full command, Banner of the Under Empire
2x 5 Jezzails

Rare
Doomwheel

Total-1799

The Furnace and Monks are my deathstar. Unbreakable, MR2, 35 model equivalent, smoke belching death machine. Anything hitting full on will die from the fumes and plague censer. Anything hitting the flanks will have to deal with 2 Engineers, Ratlings, the Warp Scroll, and the Banner dishing out a crap load of hits. Doomwhell runs up a flank and amuses me. Night Runners take the place of Gutter Runners and go after war machines or mess around in the rear. Jezzails do their thing. Rat Swarms act as blinders for the Monks, keeping them from doing anything stupid.

The whole idea is to force everything to funnel into my death unit. Whatever doesn't run directly at them gets blasted with firepower or magic and whatever ends up hitting them dies a horribly agonizing death from smoke or massed hits.

Will it work?

Update:
The Furnace doesn't come out until a week after the tourney, bummer. So I'm stuck using my old Screaming Bell as a stand-in, and 26 isn't too good for my Monks' unit size. I would need to incorporate 4 more to get them up to a good size (6x5). Dropping the Nighties altogether frees up enough points for the extra monks, slings for my slaves (lol) and a big pack of Giant Rats (22, 3 packmasters). But then I have virtually no skirmishers and would be pretty much at the mercy of war machines. I could consolidate the Jezzails into 1 unit and throw in Gutter Runners, but I'm unsure how just 1 unit of them would fare. I do have the Doomwheel, magic, and Ratlings as some extra firepower and I won't run across many dragons or flying monsters, so 1 unit may be all I need. And what about Poisoned Wind Mortars?

So, updated list

Heroes
Plague Priest-level 2, plague censer, Warp Scroll, Rival Hide Talisman, plague furnace
Engineer-level 2, Warp Energy Condenser, Dispel
Engineer-level 2, Doom Rocket

Core
Clanrats-24, shields, full command, Poisoned Wind Mortar
Clanrats-24, shields, full command, Poisoned Wind Mortar
Slaves-20, slings
Slaves-20, slings
Giant Rats-22, 3 packmasters
Rat Swarms-2

Special
Plague Monks-24, full command, Banner of the Under Empire
Jezzails-6
Gutter Runners-8

Rare
Doomwheel

Total-1796

A little different here. Less torrent, more template. I swapped the nerfling guns for mortars, relying on my magic and mobile units to protect me from any skirmishers. Gutter Runners > Night Runners, though I have a sweet idea for converting a Warp Grinder (Ork grot prod, woot!) I've got some IG Mortars and spare Plague Monks lying around, it's conversion time!

Which do y'all think would work better?

No comments: