Thursday, September 9, 2010

High Elves Funsies


New plastics are coming out for High Elves.  Combined with the Island of Blood stuff you can make all kinds of cool armies.  I'm still in the idea stage for my army, but here's a funny idea.

Teclis - Lore of Purple Sun
Korihil
Noble - BSB, Banner of the World Dragon, dragon armor, great weapon
Mage - level 2, High Magic, Dispel Scroll
38 Phoenix Guard - full command

Sure it's 1400 points, but what's going to stop it?  This unit is immune to all magic.  All magic.  Fuck off.  They ignore half the wounds that go their way, get stubborn from Korihil and can re-roll any Ld tests thanks to the BSB.  This is pure points denial right here.  The rest of the army will be set up as MSU harassment focused on taking out war machines and picking off weaker stuff.  Ellyrian Reavers, Eagles, and Shadow Warriors with a side helping of Swordmasters and Archers.  RBTs could fit in too if I can pull off Curse of Arrow Attraction.

lols to be had, for sure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so magic don't hurt it.. you're "dwellers" proof... but how good are they in CC?

Chumbalaya said...

Well, everybody has halberds, high WS/I and ASF. The BSB and Korihil will be doing the bulk of the work with their super great weapons.

Any scary CC units will be nuked in short order.

Xaereth said...

Heh, looks like HE got good this edition. Not that they were terrible last edition, lol. Nothing too crazy though.

I guess we'll just have to see what people come up with to stop Teclis. I'm currently thinking of just taking my Ring of Hotek for Dark Elves and making it almost impossible for Teclis to cast spells, though I'm not entirely sure how it would interact with him. If he gets a miscast every roll of doubles he rolls, that would at least limit him to one spell if he wants to be safe...

On a sidenote, what happened to the 'full writeup' for the Nova you promised? :P I was curious to hear your thoughts...

Chumbalaya said...

Heh, life happened. I've got drafts sitting in limbo and batreps halfway done. I've got a tourney tomorrow so hopefully I can get something done this coming week.

Teclis definitely hates that Ring of Hotek. Any basic infantry unit can mess him up too, he's weaksauce statwise.